Aqualuxe are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with Aqualuxe terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which Aqualuxe will process any personal data collected from or provided by you. Please read the following carefully to understand Aqualuxe views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated. By visiting www.Aqualuxe.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Aqualuxe.
Aqualuxe nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Rhiannon Little.
Information we collect from you
Aqualuxe will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Aqualuxe. This is information about you that you give Aqualuxe by filling in forms on the Site www.Aqualuxe.co.uk (Site) or by corresponding by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to the service, search for a product, place an order on the Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph
Information Aqualuxe collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site Aqualuxe will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, [and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information Aqualuxe receive from other sources.
- This is information received about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
Aqualuxe use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you provide. Aqualuxe will use this information:
- to carry out the obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Aqualuxe and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services Aqualuxe offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information Aqualuxe collect about you will be used:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Aqualuxe efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information received from other sources. Aqualuxe will combine this information with information you have given and that which has been collected from you. This information and the combined information will be used for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information received).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that Aqualuxe have the right to share your personal information with:
Any group company, which means subsidiaries, the ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract that Aqualuxe enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist in the improvement and optimisation of the Site
Aqualuxe will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Aqualuxe sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Aqualuxe will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Aqualuxe or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If Aqualuxe is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aqualuxe our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Aqualuxe will do its best to protect your personal data, Aqualuxe cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Aqualuxe have received your information, strict procedures and security features will be adhered to, to try and prevent unauthorised access.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the costs in providing you with details of the information Aqualuxe hold about you.